Unique Identification Authority of India has been receiving many complaints regarding wrong details being printed on their aadhaar cards. UIDAI has made a decision which will allow people to change incorrect details that are printed on their aadhaar cards. If you have any of the details on your aadhaar which are not correct you can get them changed very easily. Date of Birth, Residence address, name and gender, your contact number or any other information which is present in your aadhaar card can be easily changed if it’s incorrect. The procedure of changing details is very easy.
You get two options through which you can change your details. Online method and Offline method. You can update your details through the aadhaar website in online method by following a couple of steps. Other than the online method, you can also use offline method, in which you can use send your corrected details to the UIDAI enrolment centers across the country using the postal service.
Visit the following links depending upon your process to update your aadhaar card details.
If you want to update or correct your details using internet you can easily do that. UIDAI has launched a service where you can easily modify your details anytime you want to. You need to visit the UIDAI website and use your mobile number for logging in. You will receive an OTP number on your cellphone which will help you to proceed further. The procedure for updating your aadhaar details are:-
- First of all visit Aadhaar self service update portal by clicking this link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/
- When you have opened the web page, there you see a field asking for your mobile number. Enter your mobile number and the click on “Send OTP”. You will receive One Time Password on your entered mobile number. Do keep in mind that OTP is only valid for a time period of 15 minutes. If you haven’t registered you mobile phone in Aadhaar self service portal, insert your mobile number and you will receive the one time password.
- After you have received the One Time Password on your mobile phone, enter the OTP in the required field and click on “Login”. Do keep in mind that the OTP window is only valid for a period of 15 minutes. There is some issue with Airtel mobile users and they might not receive OTP on their cellphones. In that case they can use the offline method for updation of details.
- Now you will see different fields on your browser window, mark the fields you want to update and then click on Submit Button.
- Enter the new modified values in the selected fields and then click on “Submit Update Request” button present on your screen.
- Now, you will be asked to check the details and see if they are correct or not. If the details entered by you are correct then click on “Confirm” button and then “Proceed”. If you want to modify the entered details then click on “Modify” button so you can edit the desired fields.
- After clicking Proceed button you will be transferred to a new page of “Documents Upload”. Upload all the scanned documents so that verification can be done to the changes you asked to be done on your aadhaar card. If you are not able to upload the scanned documents then you can also post those documents through the post. Wait for the computer to upload all the documents and once all the documents are uploaded click on Submit Button.
- Now you will be transferred to a page “Update Request Complete”. Now, you should see “Your update request has been successfully submitted on date. Your Update Request Number (URN) is 0000/00222/0XXXX” on your screen. You will also get the confirmation message and Update Request Number on your mobile phone. Keep Update Request number safely with you as if will help you to track the status of your aadhaar card updation. You can also download the acknowledgement slip of newly updated aadhaar card by click on “Download File” button present on the page. Better take a print out of acknowledgement slip as it can be used in future reference.
- Now all your work has finished, click on the “Logout” button which is present at the top right corner of your webpage.
- If you want to track your aadhaar card updation status, you can click here and see the results using your Update Request Numberhttps://ssup.uidai.gov.in/
If you want to change or update your details present on your aadhaar by offline (Postal) method, this is the procedure you must follow:-
You can update these details present on your aadhaar card:-
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Residence Address
- Contact Information (Mobile Number)
- First of all Download the details updation/correction form from UIDAI website http://uidai.gov.in/update-
- All the details should be filled in capital letters only. Keep in mind to give your working mobile number as it is compulsory.
- Whatever information you want to get updated weather it is your name, address, Date of Birth or anything add self-attested photocopies of the documents.
- On each document do mention your 12 digit aadhaar number that is issued to you by UIDAI.
- Put all the details in an envelope and seal it properly using glue. In clear letters mention “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on the envelope and see if it is properly readable.
- Now, all your work has done and you need only to post the envelope as per your language.
- Here are the addresses where you can post the document as per your selected language.
|Hindi, Urdu||UIDAI Regional OfficeSamaj Kalyan Nirman NigamBuilding, 3rd FloorTC-46/V Vibhuti KhandGomti NagarLucknow (UP)||0522-2239828|
|Bengali||UIDAI Regional OfficeIst Floor RIADA CentralOffice BuildingNamkum Industrial AreaLowadih,Ranchi-834010||0651-246016|
|English, Gujarati andMarathi||UIDAI Regional Office5th & 7th Floor,MTNL Building,B D Somani Marg,Cuff Parade,Mumbai – 400 005||022–22186168|
|Kannada, Malayalamand Tamil||UIDAI Regional OfficeKhanija BhavanNo. 49, 3rd Floor,South Wing Race CourseRoad, Bangalore – 01||080-22340862|
|Telugu, Oriya||UIDAI Regional Office5th Floor, Block – III, MyHome Hub, Madhapur,Hyderabad – 500 081||040-23119269|
|Punjabi||UIDAI Regional OfficeSCO 139 – 141, Sector 17-C,Chandigarh||0172-25085983|