Aadhar Card status can be checked in a number of ways – for example, online, through SMS or by calling the Aadhar Helpline. However in all these methods one needs to have the unique Aadhar enrollment ID also known as EID which is inscribed on the acknowledgement slip received at the enrollment center after successful data submission at the center itself. One need not to worry if due to any reason one loses this slip or doesn’t have his EID easily available. UIDAI provides means to find EID online using the data submitted at the time of enrollment. The basic information needed to generate EID is Name, Email ID and Mobile number. Also one needs to have access to the mentioned mobile number or Email ID as a One Time Password (OTP) needs to be generated to prevent misuse of information and same is sent by UIDAI on the said mobile number or email to verify details. Once applicant knows his/her Enrollment ID (EID), status of Aadhar can easily be checked either online or offline.
Here is a detailed step-by-step guide on how to check Aadhar Status by name on UIDAI Resident Portal
- Just in case one loses access or forgets his/her enrollment ID (EID) it can be retrieved by Name by visiting the UIDAI webpage https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid. (Screen Shot Below)
- Once on the page, press the button next to Enrollment No (EID) under ‘You want to receive your lost:’ section.
- The entire process of retrieving the EID is divided into two steps. In Step One, one needs to mention his/her name with exact spellings as specified at the time of enrollment. (Salutations like Dr., Mr. etc. need not be mentioned).
- In email field, write down the email ID or enter the Mobile No mentioned at the time of enrollment. One has the option of entering one of the details among the two.
- For applicants who have not registered their email ID it is mandatory to use their mobile number to retrieve the lost data.
- Write down the CAPTCHA details correctly and click on Get OTP button to get a unique code on mobile phone or email. Keep the tab open and wait for the OTP to reach you (which generally takes maximum of 2 minutes).
- Once OTP is received on the same page under Step 2 , enter the OTP just received and click on Verify OTP.
- Once everything mentioned above is done correctly one receives a SMS on his/her mobile mentioning the Enrollment ID (ID). This can now be used to determine theAadhar Card status by name online using following steps.
- Visit the Aadhar status page on UIDAI Resident Portal at https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Enter the EID just received followed by the exact date and time of enrollment also mentioned in the SMS.
- Write down the security code written in the image.This helps the system prevent spams / bots clogging the Aadhar servers with unnecessary requests.
- Click on Check Status button and the present status of Aadhar Card shall be displayed.
- In case the Aadhar Number has been allotted, same shall also be mentioned clearly on the status page.
- Citizens are advised to check the status of their application regularly for 96 hours after enrollment (that is, submission of the form). In case of any discrepancies in data submitted; same can be corrected within this period easily. Otherwise a fresh application shall have to be made again for enrollment of Aadhaar.
- You have to send the SMS to 51969.
- You will send a SMS as “UID STATUS“
If your Aadhar card is generated then you will receive your Aadhar card no. otherwise it will show you your current status of Aadhar card.